Saint John Ogilvie Church is located in Broompark Road, High Blantyre.
The congregation of this church was formed in 1977, after the canonisation of St. John Ogilvie (born at Drum Keith in 1580) on 17th October 1976.
The church is of modern appearance, single storey and can accommodate 400 people. It has red roof tiles and white “Esno” quartz walls with the Presbytery behind the Church, adjacent to the former railway.
The Architects were Wagner & Associates of Glasgow. It was built in 1979 by John C Burns & Co of Larkhall, who won through a system of competitive tendering.
Although more of less ready by December 1979, the solemn official opening by the Rt Rev Francis Thomson. MA.STL Bishop of Motherwell took place on 10th March 1980. Rev Brian Lamb is the administrator, Rev William Bergin the assistant Priest and Rev Martin O Keeffe in residence.
From “Blantyre Explained” by Paul Veverka (c) 2016