Pictured here in 1978 on Glasgow Road are the old tenements and hall which accommodated Blantyre Central Co-op.
This was a former 2-storey stone built building at the west corner of the junction of Herbertson Street and Glasgow Road. Constructed started in 1915 and it opened in February 1917. The Co-op building was built on top of the former Blantyre Police Station site. Of course this building is no longer there and was demolished shortly after this picture was taken in 1978.
The photo is taken from Glasgow Road at the top of Forrest Street, looking across to former Jackson Street in the foreground leading off the right. Today, this is the exact same scene, putting it into context of how much Glasgow Road changed.