Research effort, (time and cost) undertaken by Paul Veverka and features in the forthcoming Blantyre Project book, “Blantyre Churches & Missions” (c) 2017.
Blantyre Churches & Religious Institutions (f=former, c=current)
- Anderson U.F Church, and on Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 . (f)
- Blantyre Old Parish Church and Parts 2, 3 . (f)
- Blantyre Old Parish Church and Parts 2, 3, 4, and 5 . (c)
- Congregational Church (f) .
- Congregational Church (c) .
- Primitive Methodist Church (f) .
- David Livingstone Memorial Church and Parts 2, 3, 4, and 5 (c)
- East U.F Church (Burleigh) and Parts 2 . (f)
- St. Andrews Church (c)
- John Ogilvie Roman Catholic Church . (c)
- St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church/School .(f)
- St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church and Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, .(c)
- Stonefield Parish Church and Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ,8 , 9 and 10 . (f)
- Nazarene (f)
- Nazarene (c)
- Blantyre Works Chapel and Parts 2, (f)
- Salvation Army (f)
- See also Congregation of Christian Brethern and Vestry of St Mary’s Episcopal Church (f)
Former Church Halls
- Old Parish Church Halls (Main Street, Kirkton) and Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 .
- Stonefield Parish Church Halls and Parts 2 .
- High Blantyre Bethany Hall (Main Street, Auchinraith)
- Low Blantyre Bethany Hall (Glasgow Road)
Current Church Halls
- Old Parish Church Halls (Craigmuir) and Parts 2 .
- St Joseph’s Church Hall (Glasgow Road)
- St Andrews Church Hall (Church Street)
Former Manse Houses
- Allangowan (Auchinraith Road) Blantyre Evangelical Union – Congregational Church
- Abbeygreen (Church Street) East Union Free Church – Burleigh Church
- Anderson Church Manse (Stonefield Road)
- Blantyre Old Parish Manse (Kirkton) and Parts 2, 3, 4 and 5 .
Current Manse Houses
- Saint Joseph’s Presbytery (Glasgow Road) – St Josephs Manse
- Blantyre Old Parish Manse (Kirkton) .
- David Livingstone Memorial Church Manse (Glasgow Road)
- Baptist Church Manse (Broompark Road) and Parts 2 .
Ministers, Priests & Pastors
Looking for Ministers, Priests and Pastors instead? Blantyre Project has exclusively written about nearly 90 of them! Click here
Copyright notice: All articles may be printed off for offline use copyright free. Where any of these images or words are intended to be published online or in books, please strictly contact me first for permission. Due to continued copyright theft, Mr Bill Sim is strictly prohibited from using any research on this site. These are Blantyre Project words and will not appear on other sites or books. Thanks.